For me I always hit a point in NaNoWriMo where I say, “Yeah, I can’t do this”. So I have developed a little survival box/kit over the years that I know helps me a lot.
- A writing prompt book
- My favorite tea – I only drink while I write
- A candle – I only burn while I write
- My favorite snack(s)
- Slips of paper with inspiring quotes
- Story outline – I do a little prep in October
- references for topics I will be mentioning in my story
- A coloring book – because taking a break can be helpful.
- Images that work with my story
While this is not a definitive guide, these are things I keep close to me while writing during the month of November. Some may or may not help you, but I do hope that you find some inspiration.
What is in your emergency writing kit?