Thank you Roselyn for nominating me for this, it was kind of you.
The Official Rules
- Link to this blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
- Answer the questions given to you
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer
- Comment on The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2018 blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
Why I am Passionate About Blogging
I am passionate about blogging because it give me the space to express things that interest me in general. While I do mainly blog about books, I do have my other interests sprinkled in. Due to the fact that I have my own little space on the internet I am able to discuss these interests with others I would never have found other wise. I also find it a great way to just relax. I enjoy writing and creating my images for my blog so I find it to be a creative outlet. Lastly, it is something that is just for me. I created this blog for me, I write for me, and I read for me. Other people enjoying it is just a wonderful bonus that puts a huge smile on my face.
- Do you read one or multiple books at a time?
- I usually read 3 books at one time. I never intend on it happening it just always does. I have yet to confused the books and I can still follow them so I don’t see a point in stopping now.
- Five books you would recommend someone?
- The Witches by Stacey Schiff
- Bag of Bones by Stephen King
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
- How many books do you read in a month in an average ?
- 4-10, my months are usually all over the place. Some months I read non-stop while others I don’t feel like reading as much. I have learned from my own experience, if I don’t feel like reading don’t. It will just suck all the joy out of reading.
- Has any book ever changed your life, or shook you ?
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, it really helped shape my life. I read it very young and I have reread it so many times since. It showed me that I can be strong, smart, and brave. Something I think is an important lesson to learn at a young age.
- Your most read author ?
- Louisa May Alcott and Stephen King, very different authors I am aware, but I love both of their styles and I have yet to hate anything by either of them,
- A book you feel is under-rated ?
- I feel like any Christopher Isherwood book is underrated. He is a great story teller and his stories are all unique.
- A book you have been meaning to read for ever?
- This is a very good question. I have been meaning to read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy for what seems like forever. Somehow I started reading it and my mom ended up picking it up then lost it on me. I just ordered a new copy so I am determined to finish it now that I have a copy again.
- A book you had high hopes for , but ended up disappointing ?
- The Shatter Me series in general, I heard so many great things about it. Sadly, I was unable to even finish the first book. I never wanted to pick it up and when I did I didn’t want to read it. I was bored and uninterested. It was just not a book for me.
- Do you have any reading schedule ?
- I don’t have a specific reading schedule, but I do my best to read a little each day. Sometimes this is hours others it is about 10 min. it really depends on me mood. But, I find it important to just do a little each day. It is a great time to relax and focus on me.
- What is the biggest lesson you learnt in life, so far?
- You can’t control everything, just do what you can and try not to worry about the rest. Easier said than done, but it something I feel is important and I need to keep it in mind often.
Reg from Bookish In Bed
Steph from alittlebutalot
Kristina from Books and Dachshunds
Claire from Cup of Books
Suzanna from The Bookish Libra
- What books has the most sentimental value for you?
- What does your dream bookshelf or library look like?
- Have you had a pet that you gave a bookish name? If not, if you did get a pet what bookish name would you give them?
- Have you ever DNF’ed a book? What book was it and why?
- Do you reread books? Please explain because I am very curious.
- What is your reading routine?
- What was the first book you remember reading?
- What format do you usually read?
- How many books are currently in your TBR?
- What book are you most excited about reading this year?