So I have to admit I heard about this readathon a day before it started otherwise I would have posted about it sooner. But, the moment I heard about it I knew I needed to take part in it. This a readthon hosted by Book Roast over on youtube. I have to say she is very organized and very knowledgable.
- April 2nd- April 29th
- To get an O you need to sit and pass 5 OWL exams.
- No doubling up on challenges
- Comic books, manga, audiobook, and graphic novels do count
- Use #owlsreadathon2018
READATHON LETTER (with challenges) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LOa…My Career Path | OWLs I Need to Pass
So as I mentioned earlier she is very knowledgable. If you go to the readathon twitter page she has a whole thread dedicated to explaining the OWLs needed for the profession you would like. I decided I would like to be a Potioneer. Here are the required OWLs, but if you noticed I need 5 to get an O so I will be picking another OWL that is not required.
- Potions – Read a book about or with Alchemy | The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Herbology – Read a book with a nature related word in the title | The Honey Farm by Harriet Alida Lye
- Charms – Read a fantasy book | Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
- Arithmancy – Read a book with a number in the title or on the cover | The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
- Muggle Studies – Read a muggle non-fiction book | From Here to Eternity by Caitlin Doughty
Are you taking part in the readathon? What career would you have if you lived in the Harry Potter universe?