Monday 8th: Gory Magical Sweet
The objective is to create one or more snacks (sweet or savoury is okay) and a drink (if you want) that must be Halloween themed but created with a mix! Use common food elements and parts of our beloved mythical and magical creatures. Just to be clear: things like rainbow unicorn sparkles aren’t gory.
So one of my favorite things to eat is pizza, I know nothing quite so original nor a snack but I think you will really like my recipe. For the month of October I always add a special ingredient to my pizza, it really is a pain in the butt to get so I have to use it sparingly.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 (1-pound) pizza crust
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Thinly sliced breaded eggplant
- 1/4 cup Blood of a unicorn
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine the first the three cheese in a medium bowl. Drizzle blood of a unicorn all over the crust, leaving out a 1/2-inch boarder. Spread cheese over the crust, ensuring to stay within the area where blood is. Sprinkle crushed red pepper, black pepper, oregano and garlic over cheese. Then place your breaded egg plant over pizza, best to not over lap the pieces.
Place pizza on baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Remove pizza to cutting board; cut into 6 slices.
Inspired by this recipe.