I was so happy when I was tagged by Lexie to complete this tag. I always love reading these types of blog posts and booktube videos. I don’t know what it is about these types of posts that I love, but I think it might be because from time to time someone else has the same unpopular opinions as I do and I finally feel like I am not the only one who feels that way.
Anyway, I was ecstatic to be tagged and I hope you enjoy reading my unpopular opinions!
- A popular book or series that you didn’t like
- The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I tried reading this series, I read about half of the first book and I did not like it at all. I found it annoying. I am happy to say I read and LOVED her most recent book, A Very Large Expanse of Sea.
- A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
- I will openly admit I loved the Twilight Series and I am not ashamed of it. I devoured those books, reading one a day. Would I feel the same now? Who knows, but I absolutely loved it.
- A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
- The book series that stands out to me the most is To All the Boys I’v Loved Before by Jenny Han. I was soooooo mad and after the 2nd book I refused to continue with it. At least I think it was the 2nd one.
- A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
- I am not really interested in science fiction, I feel like everyone loves science fiction and fantasy. While I can get into fantasy, science fiction is a lot harder for me.
- A popular or beloved character that you do not like
- Hum, this one is really hard for me to figure out. I don’t think there is a character I flat out dislike, but I do have a problem with Albus Dumbledore because I feel like he was really manipulative.
- A popular author that you can’t seem to get into
- This is a hard one, I think if I had to name one I would pick VE Schwab. I just don’t really get excited by the descriptions of her books so I never picked up her books.
- A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing
- I am really tired of seeing girl in a bad situation and all of a sudden has everything and is super powerful out of luck and never saw it coming. I find it really annoying and if someone is going to become powerful it will be through hard work, not random or an ability randomly found out decade(s) into your life.
- A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
- The Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard, I tried reading it on an airplane ride when it first came out when everyone was all over it. I gave up after 35 pages or so. I was so bored the rest of the flight.
- The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Do you agree with my answers? What unpopular opinion do you have?