Hello and welcome to my 2020 reading goals. I am so excited about writing this blog post. I am not sure why, but I feel like 2020 is going to be an amazing reading year. Like last year, I am going to be keeping my goals pretty general, but also challenging. Some will be repeats, but I also changed a few up as well.
- Read a shortlist: Man Booker 2019
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
- An Orchestra of Minorities by Chigozie Obioma
- Quichotte by Salman Rushdie
- 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World by Elif Shafak
- Read 50 books
- Read all backlisted books, 46 books in all
- Read 30,000 pages
- Read 16 nonfiction books
- Read 16 books from the library
- Read a book from each continent
- North America
- South America
- Read a book recommended by Joe Hill or Stephen King
- The Hot Kid by Elmore Leonard
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican
- Frankenstorm by Ray Garton
- Read a Shakespeare play a month, you can join the fun by going to the goodreads group 2020 Shakespeare Challenge Group.
So these are my goals reading wise for the upcoming year. I am excited to jump in and I am very much motivated. I feel like this year I might have the hardest time with my continent challenge because of needing to find another book that takes place in Antartica. If you have any suggestions let me know!
What are the goals you have for yourself in 2019?