Hello everyone and welcome to my first post reflecting on my 2020 reading goals! I am excited to take a bit of a dive into my goals and see where I need to focus and where I am doing well. At this point of the year it is so early I am not too worried about anything just yet, but I feel like if I don’t keep an eye on it they will fall to the way side. So, here are my 2020 reading goals and where I currently stand on them.
- Read a shortlist: Man Booker 2019
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
✔️Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo Started
- An Orchestra of Minorities by Chigozie Obioma
- Quichotte by Salman Rushdie
- 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World by Elif Shafak
- Read 50 books, 21 books read.
- Read all backlisted books, 46 books in all. Down to 27.
- Read 30,000 pages. Read 7,661 pages so far.
- Read 16 nonfiction books. Read 5 so far.
- Read 16 books from the library. Read 5 so far.
- Read a book from each continent
- Read a book recommended by Joe Hill or Stephen King
- The Hot Kid by Elmore Leonard
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman Purchased
- Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican
- Frankenstorm by Ray Garton
- Read a Shakespeare play a month, you can join the fun by going to the goodreads group 2020 Shakespeare Challenge Group.
January: A Midsummer Night’s Dream February: Othello
- March: Hamlet
Currently, I am feeling pretty good about my goals. I have at least made some little progress on every single one. The one I am currently the most concerned about is reading a book from each continent. A lot of the time when I pick up a book I have no idea where it is going to take place so this is the one that is more of a guess for me. I should search for a few books that I know for sure take place in the continents that remain, Antartica is always a fun one to try and do.
If you have any suggestion for books set around the world and Shakespeare places I would love to hear them. I have a bit of a list on Shakespeare from a few people. So, don’t worry if you have made a recommendation, I have written it down!
How are your goals going?
Have you decided to change any of yours or introduce new ones?