Hello and welcome to my little post about my owned TBR. Last June I shared a post called My Owned TBR | June 2019, I figured it would be fun to look back and see how my list has changed over the last year. I am also going to be doing something a little new, so please let me know if you like it!
2019 Owned TBR
Here is my Owned TBR from last year. At this point in time I only had 44 books on my my shelf that needed to be read. Looking back at this list I can see that I read or unhauled every single one of these books and that kind of blows my mind.
My Current Owned TBR
- LGBTQ Stats by Bennett Singer and David Deschamps – non-fiction self educated
- Don’t Touch My Hair by Emma Dabiri – non-fiction educate myself
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams – really awesome sounding book.
- The Hunger by Alma Katsu – mytbr.com
- Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi – Have finally picked up this book
- The Changeling by Victor LaValle – mytbr.com
- Jo & Laurie by Margaret Stohl and Melissa de la Cruz – I love Little Women, I needed to give this a try
- The Incarnations by Susan Barker – mytbr.com
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager – picked because she is such a great author
- The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson – really wanted to give this author a try
- The Great Pretender by Susannah Cahalan – an amazingly strong author talking about mental health
- The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd – A very interesting idea by a talented author
- The Five by Hallie Rubenhold – Amazing gift from Reg!
- Things in Jars by Jess Kidd – magical realism, yes please
- The Canary Keeper by Clare Carson – A lovely gift from Adrianna!
- If It Bleeds by Stephen King – Do I need to say anything? I love horror.
- Emma by Jane Austen – I have been in the mood for a classic
- Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz – Buddy read with Jenna and Reg
- Firestarter by Stephen King – Bookcon / Strand 2019
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare – Shakespeare Challenge
- March by Geraldine Brooks – Civil War from the perspective of the father from Little Women
- Skin Deep by Liz Nugent – on of the best thriller authors
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman – talented author and recommened
- Civil War Wives by Carol Berkin – Women of the war
- Color Therapy Plain Simple by Nina Ashby – gift from family
- The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski – enjoyed the first one
- 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World by Elif Shafak – Man Booker Shortlist 2019
- Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King – Bookcon / Strand 2019
- Celtic Mythology by Philip Freeman – A wonderful gift from Ariel!
- The Night Country by Melissa Albert – Wow, I have quite a few series I want to finish for someone who doesn’t favor series anymore
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black – Wow, I have quite a few series I want to finish for someone who doesn’t favor series anymore
- House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas – suggested reading
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon – Wow, I have quite a few series I want to finish for someone who doesn’t favor series anymore
I hope you liked this type of writing and comment on my book stacks. I figured I have Procreate, I might as well use it now and again for my blog. Anyway, that is my owned TBR list. I have a total of 33 books, less than I had this time last year I feel like that is a win for two reasons. The first being my TBR is going down and second I want to get my TBR to around 5 by the end of the year. I decided to give To Be Read Time by Read it Forward to see how long it would actually take me to get my TBR to 0. According to this and if I keep up my reading pace of finishing a book every 3-4 days I will finish my TBR by October of this year. I am tempted to give this a shot so I might be posting more about owned TBR list.
What books are on your TBR?
Are any of these books on your TBR?