Hello and welcome to my February wrap up. Another month down, can you believe it? I know February is a short month, but I felt like it went faster than usual. I did manage to read quite a bit this month and found quite a few I really enjoyed.
Our Little Cruelties by Liz Nugent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
First off, I really hated all of the characters of this book. But, like always Liz Nugent was a wonderful writer.
View all my reviews
Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a reread for me, this time around I still really loved the dynamics between Aziraphale and Crowley as well as the version of the world that Pratchett and Gaiman have created. It is fun, pokes fun, and at times just turns ideas on their head. This was one of my favorite books of 2019 and it is still a gem and I am so glad I took the time this month to reread it and was so happy to have read it with Lauren.
View all my reviews
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland / Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, My rating: 3 of 5 stars
- Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde, My rating: 4 of 5 stars
- White Tears/Brown Scars: How White Feminism Betrays Women of Color by Ruby Hamad, My rating: 5 of 5 stars
- Hurricane Season by Fernanda Melchor, My rating: 3 of 5 stars
- World of Wonders: In Praise of Fireflies, Whale Sharks, and Other Astonishments by Aimee Nezhukumatathil, My rating: 3 of 5 stars
- Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History by Tori Telfer, My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This month I read a total of 8 books, not bad for a shorter month! In total that was 2,383 pages, which tuned out to be 4 fiction and 4 nonfiction. I read an ebook, an audiobook, 2 hard covers, and 4 softcover books. One of my reads was from the library and the others were from my own shelves. The rating broke down to: 3-5 stars, 2-4 stars, and 3-3 stars.
What was your favorite book you read this month?