Hello and welcome to a little post where I am sharing some ways I destress during the holiday season. I know this time of year is meant to be a happy one, but I also feel like a lot of pressure comes with it, especially if you are hosting anything. I know for me, I make presents and sometimes I get close to my deadlines or I feel like I need to do more. The truth is, at least for me, I feel like this time of year is sometimes built up a little too much and has some very high expectations of baking cookies, finding the perfect present, and a lot of social gatherings. Don’t get me wrong they are fun, but is those are exhausting as well. I feel like with all of that going on sometimes we just need to try and take care of ourselves and remember that this is about having fun and not about being picture perfect. With that in mind, here is what I do to destress when I have a spare moment.
- Watch a favorite movie
- Put on music and just enjoy it, you can even sing along and dance if you want
- Do a 5 min. meditation
- Go for a walk
- Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the decorations
- Go on a drive and see the lights in your neighborhood
- Take a few deep breaths
- Break tasks down into smaller parts
- Look at to-do list and remove things that are not something you need to or really want to do
- Take a nap, even a small cat one
- Take some time to do something selfish, even for a half hour
So those are some of the ways that I destress during the holidays, mind you these are what I do and I am no professional. This is just what I notice helps me when things get a bit overwhelming during this time of the year. I do hope that you are and continue having a wonderful month and enjoying the season and are not stressing too much.