Hello everyone and welcome to my 6 month 2020 goals check in. I cannot believe that wee are halfway through 2020 already. Anyway, I am going to keep this short and sweet and just get into the goal. The thing is I wanted to give you a bit of a heads up. I am writing this blog post in advance so my numbers might be a tad bit higher in real time.
- Read a shortlist: Man Booker 2019
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood, Not really excited about this one…
✔️Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo ✔️
- An Orchestra of Minorities by Chigozie Obioma
- Quichotte by Salman Rushdie Owned
- 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World by Elif Shafak Owned
Read 50 books, 55 books read.
- Read all backlisted books, 46 books in all. Down to 10.
- Read 30,000 pages. Read 20,068 pages so far.
- Read 16 nonfiction books. Read 8 so far.
- Read 16 books from the library. Read 7 so far.
- Read a book from each continent
- Read a book recommended by Joe Hill or Stephen King
- The Hot Kid by Elmore Leonard
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman Purchased
- Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican
- Frankenstorm by Ray Garton
- Read a Shakespeare play a month, you can join the fun by going to the goodreads group 2020 Shakespeare Challenge Group.
January: A Midsummer Night’s Dream February: Othello March: Hamlet April: Macbeth May: The Taming of the Shrew
- June: Twelfth Night
- I read two of these books and did a review here:Reflection | Reading a Shortlist Vol. 1. I picked up two more I am veery excited to get to. Two I still need to buy or get from the library. One I am really not looking forward to it The Testaments by Margaret Atwood. I read the first book and I did not like it at all. I am technically a little behind on this one, but I am not too far behind.
- Did it!!
- I only have 10 more books to go, so I am very excited about that, I thought I was going to have a lot more left on my TBR.
- I am more than halfway to my page goal, yay! This is always the goal I am more worried about since I can’t just read short books, manga, or graphic novels to just pump up my numbers. I need to put in the reading work for this one.
- I am exactly at the halfway mark for reading 16 non-fictions books. I am really happy to be on track for this one. I have been really in the mood to learn lately and I feel like I will have this goal done very soon.
- With everything going on with a pandemic, my library was closed for a very long time so I was not able to borrow from them too much. I could request ebooks, but the ebook waits have sky rocketed since that is the only option for many people. I am not too worried about this goal though since I am not too far off.
- I am halfway through this one so I am very much on track. I also have the 3 books in mind I am going to be reading. So, I think this is another “win”.
- I picked the book I am going to read and purchased it, I just need to get my butt in gear and actually read it.
- As for this year long challenge I am very much on track. I was kinda worried I would have given it up at this point.
How are your goals going?
Have you decided to change any of yours or introduce new ones?