Hello and welcome to a bit of a different type of post. I wanted to take a moment during this very strange year and this very chaotic month to take a moment and share some of the things I truly love about this magical time of year. Sometimes I find myself just rushing through things, but not really taking them in and enjoying them as much as I could be. I thought this type of post would help me be more mindful of the things I love about this time of year and enjoy them more fully than I might have if I had not brought attention to them. So, here is my list of 10 things I love about this time of the year.
- I really enjoy the crisp air this time of year. While the temperature this time of the year really ranges from warm to really cold, I do enjoy how clean and crisp it feels. I am not sure why, but I feel like it is just lighter and enjoyable. The heat is no longer heavy on everyone.
- I really enjoy how the holidays this time of year focus on family and connecting and making family a priority. While this year is different than any other year, family is still a priority. While I am not seeing my family like I normally do, I am still making sure they know I care about them.
- I love being able to sit in front of the fire place without melting and I can actually enjoy the heat coming off the flames.
- I enjoy seeing all the beautiful decorations that go up around town. I really love wintery decorations, the wreaths, the rich colors, and of course the adorable snow men.
- I love the joy I get by giving things to others I care about. There is nothing better than the smile on someones face when you give them an awesome gift. I love seeing the joy on their face.
- Being able to drink hot cocoa whenever I want without others giving me a funny look. Yes, I drink hot cocoa all year and yes I get funny looks when it is in the high 90s and I am drinking a hot drink. lol.
- I love the feeling of a new start coming and setting intentions / goals for myself. I always find joy in challenging myself and growing through process.
- I find joy in looking back at the past year and seeing all the obstacles I have over comes, how much I have changed, and the new things I have tried.
- I really enjoy wearing a very warm sweater that is just the right amount of warmth and comfort.
- Everyone sharing all the great memories they have. I find that this time of the year more and more people share more about themselves and the fun memories they hold from the past. It is great to see them light up and share a funny memory or a small smile grow across there face remembering someone who has since past.
What are your favorite things about this time of the year?